3.5.10

RAW

I have a close friend that came into my life and brought lots of sunshine.  He eats a raw food diet and has for well, four years.  Recently I have started reading more about it and listening to my body in regards to how it feels about this type of diet and lifestyle.  I am not convinced just yet that I should be 100% raw at this time but I plan to at least start reading more about it and looking into menu options and food ideas.





It has been my experience that anything from the norm turns into negative criticism and sarcasm, just as this  type of diet would.  But, it would not be much different that anything and everything else I have done so far in this lifetime.  As far as I am concerned, anything that's more than eating at the Outback every Friday night, not listening to the same radio pop music that everyone else does, not watching the Real World and MTV has opened my eyes and led me to a deeper, more spiritual part of myself.  Sometimes I look at Jeremy and I say, why cant I be oblivious?  Why can't I be one of those people who are content with not knowing, not seeking, not searching?   Maybe that would be easier.  Maybe not.


So for now I descend into this food journey.  I want to feel healthier.  I want to not worry about where I will be an hour after eating sushi because the rice makes me sleepy.  I don't want to have such extreme high's and low's.  I don't want to be a part of the modern "sick" outlook on medicine and health.  I want to know my body is happy.  i don't want to have to take a pill so a meal I am about to eat will not hurt my tummy.  I want to live.  I want my body to feel and I want to be able to listen to what it's trying to tell me.  I don't want to conform.  I don't want to buy things and dress a certain way because someone tells me I should and I certainly do not want an iPhone.


This could be interesting.  


2 comments:

  1. I tried Raw foods, I got a lot of helpful info on the CrazySexyCancer website. I can honestly say, I had more energy, my skin and hair looked better, and I just felt like an all around healthier person. I would also do a wheatgrass shot a day, and started juicing and coming up with my own recipes. The only problem I had was sticking to it, I admire those that have incorporated it into there daily lifestyle. Ive been thinking about trying it again, only not trying to be 100% raw, that was very unrealistic for me to say the least. I would love to hear how it goes. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds awesome! I'm not sure I could give up some things but I think incorporating more whole raw fruits and veggies in ones diet is always a good idea.

    How much raw v. nonraw will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete